Join the Permission Movement!
The permission movement allows individuals to free themselves of burdens put on by society or themselves. By acknowledging these you are letting them go and embracing better mental health.
I created this movement because I was tired of beating myself up for my past, and the emotions and the fears I couldn’t control. When I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder as a teenager, I felt the stigma of mental illness. I have struggled with the ups and down of my illness and the distorted views of society and their classification of people with mental illnesses. I hope that this movement will help those with and without mental illnesses to join forces for the greater cause… better mental health.
We will not be able to have better, mentally healthy lives, without allowing ourselves to feel and be who we are. I hope that The Permission Movement empowers others as it has empowered me.
Kick off Campaign FALL Giveaway!
Here’s how to win:
- Print Permission Slips
- Give Yourself Permission to(fill in the blank)…. or use a pre-created slip
- Snap a Pic of you holding your permission slip. You can get as creative as you want.
- Upload to Instagram or Facebook
- Use #ThePermissionMovement AND tag @TheMentalHealthMaven
- Each Permission Slip you post is ONE entry into the drawing and you can post as many as you would like!
- For every ten people, you tag you also receive ONE entry.
- If the people you tag also post you will BOTH receive an additional entry. Make sure they thank you for passing is on by tagging you(and me).
Winners will be selected, posted and contacted on my birthday, October 30th! Good Luck!
I Give Myself Permission To Separate Myself From My Illness!
I look forward to working together to free ourselves from our burdens and embrace better mental health!